Co-operative Governance and LEadership course
Together with Farmlands Co-operative we have designed a special course to assist members wishing to build their knowledge of how their co-operatives operate, and to whet their appetite to develop their rural leadership and governance skills.
Where: Farmlands Co-operative Support Office, 535 Wairakei Rd, Burnside, Christchurch
When: Wednesday 16th – Friday 18th May 2018
A line-up of top speakers will cover:
- A perspective on agribusiness co-operatives
- The importance of sound strategy
- Developing a strong and capable Board table
- Finance and Risk skill session
- Director skill development
A course fee of $495 covers accommodation and all meals during the course. All travel arrangements and incidental costs are the applicant’s responsibility.
Note: The course will operate under Chatham House Rules. In accepting, you will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Co-operative Governance Scholarship
Up to two annual scholarships are available for farmer shareholders who aspire to take on positions as Directors of agribusinesses.
The scholarships are designed to assist Silver Fern Farms shareholders to develop their governance capabilities. The scholarship offers a unique mix of development opportunities:
- Subsidised course fees to assist applicants to take part in the Fonterra Governance Development Programme
- Mentoring by a Silver Fern Farms Director
- A chance to take a place as an observer on the Silver Fern Farms Co-operative Board
Burnside Hart Co-operative Education Trust
We have established the Burnside Hart Co-operative Education Trust to advance education and leadership training to those seeking to enhance their skills for the benefit of New Zealand’s primary sector.